Travel to Goa, the small state located on the western coast of India, is a perfect destination for those looking for a blend of culture, history, and natural beauty. Known for its pristine beaches, vibrant nightlife, and delicious seafood, Goa has something to offer for everyone. From luxury resorts to budget-friendly guesthouses, there’s something for everyone. In this article, we will take a look at all the things that make Goa a must-visit destination and provide a comprehensive guide to help you plan your Travel to Goa.
Getting to Goa
Goa is well connected to the rest of India by air, rail, and road. The main airport in Goa is the Dabolim Airport, which is located in Vasco da Gama, about 29 km from the state capital of Panaji. The airport has regular flights from major cities in India such as Mumbai, Delhi, and Bengaluru.
Another option to get to Goa is by train. The Konkan Railway connects Goa to major cities such as Mumbai, Mangalore, and Kochi. The railway stations in Goa are located in Madgaon and Thivim.
For those who prefer to travel by road, there are several state-run and private buses that connect Goa to major cities in the neighboring states of Maharashtra and Karnataka.
Where to Stay when travel to Goa
Goa offers a wide range of accommodation options to suit every budget. From luxury resorts to budget-friendly guesthouses, there’s something for everyone.
If you’re looking for a luxurious stay, you can opt for one of the many five-star resorts in Goa such as the Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, The Leela Goa, and the InterContinental Goa Resort. These resorts offer top-notch facilities and amenities such as swimming pools, spa and fitness centers, and fine dining restaurants.
For those on a budget, there are plenty of guesthouses and homestays available in Goa. These are a great option for budget-conscious travelers as they offer comfortable accommodation at a fraction of the cost of a hotel room. Some popular options include Casa de la Vida in Anjuna and The Little Guesthouse in Calangute.
10 Things to Do when travel to Goa
Goa is a destination that offers plenty of activities to keep you busy during your stay. Here are a few things that you can do in Goa:
- Visit the Beaches: Goa is famous for its beaches and there are plenty of them to choose from. Some of the most popular beaches in Goa include Baga, Anjuna, Calangute, and Candolim. These beaches are perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
- Explore the Heritage: Goa has a rich cultural heritage and there are several historical sites that you can visit. The most famous of these is the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Goa, which is home to several ancient churches such as the Se Cathedral and the Church of St. Francis of Assisi.
- Enjoy the Nightlife: Goa is known for its vibrant nightlife and there are plenty of bars, clubs, and restaurants to choose from. Some popular options include Tito’s in Baga, Gunpowder in Assagao, and Thirsty Bear in Panaji.
- Take a Boat Ride: Goa is home to several rivers and backwaters and taking a boat ride is a great way to explore the natural beauty of the state.
- Go on a Food Trail: Goa is famous for its seafood and there are plenty of restaurants and shacks that serve delicious fish curries and prawn fry. Some popular options include Gunpowder in Assagao and Fisherman’s Wharf in Calangute.
- Visit the Flea Markets: Goa is also known for its flea markets, where you can find a wide range of souvenirs and handicrafts. Some popular options include the Anjuna Flea Market, the Mapusa Market, and the Saturday Night Market in Arpora.
- Experience the Culture: Goa has a unique culture that is a blend of Indian and Portuguese influences. You can experience this culture by visiting the temples and churches, trying the local cuisine, and attending the festivals and fairs that take place in the state.
- Go for Water Sports: Goa is also a popular destination for water sports enthusiasts. Some popular options include parasailing, jet skiing, and scuba diving.
- Take a Day Trip: Goa is surrounded by beautiful landscapes and there are several day trip options available. Some popular options include visiting the Dudhsagar Waterfall, the Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary, and the Arvalem Caves.
- Relax and Rejuvenate: Goa is also known for its wellness and yoga retreats. There are several yoga and meditation centers in Goa that offer yoga and meditation classes, Ayurvedic treatments, and spa services.
Overall, Goa is a destination that has something to offer for everyone. With its beautiful beaches, vibrant nightlife, delicious seafood, rich culture and heritage, and plenty of activities and things to do, it’s no wonder that Goa is a popular travel destination. So, don’t wait any longer and plan your travel to Goa today!