Hey Travelers are you just starting your morning in this beautiful city of Edinburgh and want to eat something delicious but unable to figure out where to go to eat a breakfast in Edinburgh then don’t worry in this Article I will tell you the 13 best places you can choose to go for a breakfast in Edinburgh.
Eating breakfast in Edinburgh is quite different than in other places because the vibe which this city gives just makes your food more delicious. If you are someone who needs both a delicious breakfast and a visual treat then you should go to these places to eat breakfast in Edinburgh:
- The Pantry
- Urban Angel
- Loudons Café & Bakery
- The City Café
- Hula Juice Bar & Gallery
- The Roseleaf
- The Edinburgh Larder
- The Bakers Arms
- Singapore Coffee House
To know more about the Cafes where its location is and what are there timing and what you should eat there so continue reading more we will tell you everything below:
Laila’s is a perfect place if you are looking for brunch their buttermilk waffle with buttermilk chicken is a must-try and their cafe gives you amazing vibes which will make your eating experience more amazing. This place is perfect for brunch or breakfast in Edinburgh.
- New town Address- 1 Antigua Street, Edinburgh, eh1 3nh.
- Old Town Address- 63 Cockburn Street, Edinburgh, eh1 1bs.
- Store Timing:
- New Town Store- Opens at 9:30 am and Closes at 4 pm on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday on Friday and Saturday the store is open till 9 pm because of the weekend and the store will be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Old Town Store- Old Town Cafe opens at 9 am and Closes at 5 pm from Sunday to Thursday and on Friday and Saturday, this store is also open till 9 pm. If you want to eat breakfast at Laila’s on Tuesday and Wednesday then you can go to the Old Town store.
2. The Pantry
Another best brunch or breakfast place in Edinburgh is The Pantry. This stylish café provides a sizable menu with both conventional and cutting-edge breakfast alternatives. Their handmade granola and avocado toast come highly recommended. Don’t forget to start your day off well with a cup of freshly prepared coffee.
- Location: 1 N W Circus Pl, Edinburgh EH3 6ST, United Kingdom
- Store Timing: The Pantry is open every day from 9 am to 4 pm.
3. Urban Angel
Another wonderful breakfast place in Edinburgh which is known for its freshly baked toasts and pastries is Urban Angel. This 15-year-old store is popular among locals if you visit you should try their Eggs Benedict and French Toast with freshly ground coffee. If you want to eat something healthy they also offer smoothie bowls and fresh juices.
- Location: 121 Hanover St, Edinburgh EH2 1DJ, United Kingdom
- Store Timing: You can go there on Monday to Friday (9 am-3.30 pm) and on Saturday and Sunday (9 am-4.30 pm).
4. Loudons Café & Bakery
Popular for its hearty servings and delectable fare, Loudons Café & Bakery is a favorite place for breakfast in Edinburgh. Everything on their menu, from their renowned Eggs Royale to their distinctive French toast, is a feast for the taste senses. It’s the perfect place for a leisurely breakfast because of the atmosphere, which is modern and chic.
- Location: 94B Fountainbridge, Edinburgh EH3 9QA, United Kingdom
- Store Timing: The open time is 8 am from Monday to Sunday and closing time is 3 pm from Monday to Friday and 4 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
5. The City Café
Visit The City Café in Edinburgh for a vintage eating experience. The traditional Scottish breakfast with all the fixings is offered at this retro-themed café. They have everything, including bacon and eggs, black pudding, pancakes and tattie scones. While you enjoy your morning feast, the lively environment and welcoming personnel will take you back in time.
- Location: 19 Blair St, Edinburgh EH1 1QR, United Kingdom
- Store Timing: Friday and Saturday the store opens from 9 am to 1 am and on other days it will be open from 9 am to 12 am.
6. Hula Juice Bar & Gallery
Hula Juice Bar & Gallery is the place to go if you’re in the mood for a nutritious and revitalizing breakfast in Edinburgh. They specialize in cuisine that is loaded with superfoods, healthy smoothie bowls, and fresh juices. You may start your day with their detox drinks if you are still a little bit tired.
- Location: 103-105 W Bow, Edinburgh EH1 2JP, United Kingdom
- Store Timing: The store opens at 8:30 am and closes at 5 pm every day.
7. The Roseleaf
The Roseleaf provides a distinctive breakfast experience with its eccentric furnishings and welcoming atmosphere. Their food features an amalgam of Scottish and foreign flavors. A complete Scottish breakfast in Edinburgh with a twist is available, or you may choose their renowned breakfast burrito. If you’re in the mood for a morning libation, don’t forget to try one of their delicious cocktails.
- Location: 23-24 Sandport Pl, Leith, Edinburgh EH6 6EW, United Kingdom
- Store Timing: On Friday and Saturday (10 am to 1 am) and on Sunday to Thursday (10 am to 12 am).
8. The Edinburgh Larder
The Edinburgh Larder is a farm-to-table eatery that highlights Scottish ingredients grown nearby. They use organic products and traditional Scottish recipes for their breakfast menu. You may choose from a variety of substantial selections, such as their handmade granola and their haggis and black pudding stack, to satiate your appetites. The Edinburgh Larder is for sure a must-check-out place if you looking for a fresh and delicious breakfast in Edinburgh.
- Location: 15 Blackfriars St, Edinburgh EH1 1NB, United Kingdom
- Store Timing: Saturday and Sunday (8 am to 3 pm), Monday to Friday (7:30 am to 3 pm).
9. The Bakers Arms
Visit The Bakers Arms if you’re looking for a typical British breakfast in Edinburgh. This lovely tavern offers a hearty breakfast with all the traditional fixings. Enjoy their perfectly cooked sausages, bacon, eggs, and grilled tomatoes. The kind personnel and comfortable setting make for a hearty and welcoming breakfast.
- Location: 87-91 Henderson St, Leith, Edinburgh EH6 6ED, United Kingdom
A favorite among locals, Milk is a hip and fashionable café. Shakshuka and buttermilk pancakes are just a couple of the interesting delicacies on their diverse breakfast menu. It’s a terrific location to unwind and have a memorable breakfast in Edinburgh because of the contemporary decor and helpful staff.
- Location: 232 Morrison St, Edinburgh EH3 8EA, United Kingdom
- Store Timing: The store opens from 8 am till 2 pm from Monday to Sunday.
11. Singapore Coffee House
Singapore Coffee House is a well-kept secret beloved by residents and is tucked away in Canonmills. The exquisite breakfast choices served at this quaint café include Indian Style Scrambled Eggs and Pork sausages. The welcoming atmosphere and attentive service guarantee a wonderful start to your day in Edinburgh.
- Location: 5 Canonmills, Edinburgh EH3 5HA, United Kingdom
- Store Timing: The Store remains closed on Monday and Tuesday and on other days it will be open from 9 am to 4 pm.
12. Salt Cafe
Food lovers shouldn’t miss Salt Cafe, another hidden treasure among Edinburgh’s breakfast restaurants. Salt Cafe provides a distinctive and revitalizing eating experience. It is located in a beautiful setting, overlooking the seaside. Their breakfast buffet features a combination of tastes, fusing traditional Scottish cuisine with foreign influences.
Every item, from their renowned Scottish smoked salmon bagels to their delectable omelets with Mediterranean inspiration, is made with care and accuracy. The Salt Cafe is also one of the favorite places for breakfast in Edinburgh.
- Location: 54-56 Morningside Rd, Edinburgh EH10 4BZ, United Kingdom
- Store Timing: The store opens at 8:30 in the morning till 3 in the evening from Tuesday to Saturday and on Monday and Sunday the store remains closed.
Papii is another lovely place to eat breakfast in Edinburgh. This little cafe offers the best waffles I ever tasted and the owner of the store is also very friendly. Both the food and environment of this amazing cafe are top notches and we will recommend you to go there once and try their waffles and coffee.
- Location: 101 Hanover St, Edinburgh EH2 1DJ, United Kingdom
- Store Timing: On Saturday and Sunday (9 am to 5 pm) On Tuesday to Friday (9 am to 4 pm) and on Monday the store will be closed.
Conclusion of the best place for breakfast in Edinburgh
There are many different breakfast alternatives available in Edinburgh to suit every taste. The city offers a variety of brunch options, whether you’re craving a classic Scottish breakfast, a nutritious vegan meal, or something new. Visit one of the 13 top locations listed in this article for a wonderful breakfast after exploring Edinburgh’s lovely streets. And also tell us in the comments if you think any other places we should add to this article.